Is it safe to garden/yard work outside when 7 mos. pregnant?

nbrewster

Asked by nbrewster at 11:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yep, go for it. The only thing I would watch for is cats like to use flower beds as litter boxes, so if you see any cat poo make sure to get someone else to clean it and wash your hands really good. Otherwise have fun!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When I was pregnant, my doctor told me I could continue every activity I'd alway done routinely...as my body was well conditioned to do so. But he made a point of not taking on any new activities.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Just keep cool and hydrated. I was cutting grass in the heat when I was like 6 months and started feeling really sick. I made it inside to the AC and then passed out on the floor from heat exhaustion. It was pretty scary.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If you are physically active in other ways then yes. But if you're a couch potato and decide the whether is nice you want to garden I wouldn't do it.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I did. My doctor say to do whatever I felt like.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yep... i did it all preggo took care of farm animals, horses mainly and sholved what gifts they left...both boys where full term and healthy
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 10:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009