• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal to have stomach pains and feel like I'm going to pass out?

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I have stomach pains all the time. I also feel real lethargic and tired 24/7. If I get up I feel like I'm going to pass out. This is my second pregnancy and I never felt like this is my first. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sound normal. Are you getting enough iron? Because that's kind of how I feel when I don't get enough iron, or drink enough water. I would also talk to your dr to ease your mind, and he can offer any advice on what else it could be.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 11:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• sounds like low Iron..i had that and i had to take medicine for it and i still had to take it really easy...i had to quit school for the year because i couldnt stand up i kept passing out in class =[

ugghh
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have anemia and went through that with both pregnancies. Talk to your doctor about giving you an iron supplement, after testing you for anemia. Even though I take the iron meds, I still pass out frequently. Also, if they do prescribe you with some, see about getting the coated ones so you dont get nauseas.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Maybe you are starving yourself and not eating well if u are not doin that then i will advice u see your doctor.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 5:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with the other posts. I felt this way before the doctor told me I had anemia. I started taking Slo Fe with my prenatals and it fixed the problem. Have your doc check your iron levels before you take pills though. Also be sure you are eating enough.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If I was starving myself I don't think I'd be asking that question. Who starves theirselves when their pregnant?
    Anonymous