I need laundrey help, kids clothes stains

UGH! I'm not an idiot, I've been doing laundry for years and years and years now, but the stains on my kids clothes are making me crazy! My daughter can wear a brand new shirt one time and get a stain on it and that's that. I have a giant pile of clothes that are stained and ruined. Tomato sauce, marker, paints, chocolate milk, you name it. Do I need a different detergeant (aren't they all the same? I prefer eco-friendly brands) or be more diligent about using a stain fighter before they go in the wash? What do you do??

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I found this stuff at walmart called toddler stain remover, and WOW! Seriously, I didn't think it would be that good. I got OLD like months old chocolate milk stain out of my 2yo shirt with it! The only thing it hasn't been great on is my 1yo shirt after her bday party cake eating, lol. But it still looks pretty good considering! Anyways, good luck. Also white vinegar helped get some sweat stains out of hubbys white shirts.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 11:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My dd is constantly dripping something on her clothes. I just put some stain remover on them at the end of the day, let them sit for about an hour, then rinse them off in hot water and hang them to dry before putting them with the dirty laundry.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Oh sorry, I just looked again, it's called Totally Toddler Nursery Stain Remover. It's also non toxic!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I use an oxi clean spray (blue bottle with yellow sprayer)
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Shaklee products are awesome for stains. they have nature bright (which is kinda like oxyclean) and also others that will help take stains out. I am not a rep, but there are some here on the site.
    They are a GREEN company.

You can use hairspray on ink. Believe it or not, regular dishsoap and a bit of scrubbing will get alot of stains out if they are kinda fresh. Also peroxide will get blood right out of clothes. If I can think of more, I will post again. My mom is the queen of stain removing, LOL.

Good Luck!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have used shampoo on oily stains, and hand cleaner like goop will work on a lot. My motherinlaw used to mix icup ammonia 1cup whisk and icup water for stains it also worked.
    BettyBoo108

Answer by BettyBoo108 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I use shout, spray and wash, it gets ever stain out for me, stray down the stray and throw it in the wash and then dump in your normal detergent.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would recommend going to Martha Stewart .com There is a list there on how to get strains out. It has worked wonders for me. From the hubby greasing clothes to the kids messes for years.
    lmaywild1

Answer by lmaywild1 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009