I feel terrible, and i think im gonna go to hell for this...

I was doing sooooooooooooooooo good with out smoking! the day i found out i was pregnant i quit smoking..I quit cold turkey..Now im 9 months and due any day now and for the past 3 days ive had 1 cigarett each day...

I feel sooooooooooooooooo terrible because i was doing soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

Does this make me a bad person ):

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not a bad person....it just says so much about the incredibly addictive qualties of smoking! So many smokers do this, and most just don't admit it. Maybe it is partly the stress of the upcoming birth and arrival of the baby.... I hope you are able to remain committed to staying off the cigarettes...it will be better for you and everyone in your home, but you already know that! It is genuinely hard....but just keep trying!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Well of course you shouldn't be smoking but, you did wait that long. I'm not condoning it in any way but I know many people that continued to smoke throughout entire pregnancies. I'd say you aren't going to hell for this lol
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Since you weren't smoking during the major growth of the baby, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would try to go back to being smoke free because it's healthier for your baby now and after s/he is born and its healthier for you. Good luck.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 3 days doesn't sound like it can do any damage. but try not to smoke again until the baby is born. and when you do smoke make sure you do it outside away from the baby. Have you seen those scary commercials with the babies who have inhaled second hand smoke? If my husband has a cig i make him wash his hands and change his shirt b/c even whatever is left on his hands are bad.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No it doesn't make you a bad person, since your only smoking one a day I would just try and stop again. I had quit smoking as soon as found out I was pregnant with my oldest but started smoking again when I was 7 months due to the stress I was under.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• NO!!! not at all it sucks that you were doing so well but i did the same thing! I quit and i waas good and then towards the end it was like uhhh soo hard! I would have 1 or 2 a day and i felt horrible and called my doc crying the whole nine yards and she said calm down try not to smoke but if you slip dont beat yourself up over it. and everytime i got upset and down on myself i would just tell myself that there are women who do crack and heroin and their babies are fine or people who drink everyday its 1 cigarette. relax
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• What brought on the sudden urge? I dont think you are a bad person, but it's only hurting the baby. You have been smoke free for nine months! :)
    You are almost finished with this pregnancy, you dont need a cigarette a day.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• big ups to you because im pregnant &I smoke every day.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 12:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You've done SO Well! Pregnancy can do So Many Things to You! Makes you Crave things you shouldn't! I recall A Questionaire Do you feel like Eating Dirt? Or Laundry Detergent? Ah.. No! But Some Must! Pregnancy does such things to us! Try to Resist! Don't Beat yourself up for it! Remember all the Good you've done! Let it Go!! Concentrate on Resting up & getting Ready for your Miracle!! Best of Luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I dont undrestand how you went back to smoking after quitting for so long. and cant you just work thru the craving of wanting one a day?!
    while I dont think you are a bad person & going to hell (tho I do think the people who smoke the whole pregnancy ARE bad people! Horrible people in fact... how dare you risk your unborn childs life?! Selfish!) I hope that you quit so that after baby is born she/he wont be smelling the 2nd hand smoke off you
    Anonymous