when should I start doign this?

So I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I've heard so much about the great effects of playing classical and soothing music for the baby while in the womb...the only thing is that I am not exactly sure when I should start doing that?

Also, kinda silly but, if I play music out loud, can the baby still hear it? Does it have to be loud? Do people really put headphones on their bellies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I actually taped an ipod and ear things to my belly...
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I've read in the pregnancy books that at a certain time (don't remember quite when off the top of my head) that the baby can hear your voice when you talk and it sounds similar to when you are underwater and someone talks to you. So I would think you could just listen to it at a normal to slightly louder volume and h/she could hear it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I thought you were supposed to play to them after they were born? IDK my youngest is 7. Things always change. But My 8 y/o had a little puppy called Muzzart (like mut and Mozart). It had two modes, one for playing and one for sleeping. It would play peek-a-boo and bark and had faster songs for play time and it played classical music for him at sleepy time. He still has it, but it doesn't work anymore. I can still play classical music for him and he will fall asleep.
    I think it is supposed to make them smarter, right? I only played it for the little ones b/c nobody talked about it when i first had the older ones. And they are all very smart. So not sure if that really is true.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009