WHATS A GOOD CAR SEAT THAT A UR CHILD CAN GROW WITH?????

JAYLEL40

Asked by JAYLEL40 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • THere's a good answer from a safety tech yesterday. serach the car seat questions. I think it's form yesterday. SHe basically said that the converible ones are good and the best fit both baby and car and to get it inspected. I have a 3in1 which I love and so far so good. But she said those tend to have shorter slots for the straps so your kids may outgrow sooner if taller. My dd is 22 months and 23 lbs. She's on the small/short side, so I don't think that'll be a problem for us. We use the cosco alpha omeg series.
    Anonymous

• The best one is the one in which the baby fits properly and which fits in your vehicle properly installed.

It could the cheapest one on the market, the most expensive or in between. If it doesn't fit the baby and the vehicle, it's useless.
    Anonymous

• It depends upon the age and size of your child. However, in general some good convertable carseats (that can both rearface and forward face) include:

Cosco Scenera
    Safety First Uptown
    First Years Truefit
    Evenflo Triumph Advance
    Sunshine Kids Radian
    Recaro Como and Signo
    Britax Marathon, Decathlon, or Boulevard

(These are listed from least to most expensive, I think.)
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If your child is a little older I would look into the Britax Regent or Frontier.
    Kids can be in a 5 point harness until they are 80 lbs.

I love our Britax boulevard. My kids are lightweights so our 5 yr old is still in his.
    He is getting the frontier next.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009