Question to moms with kids in Baseball Teams (PIOG)

My daughter joined a baseball team, and i have some questions for you moms. She is 9. Today is their first practice date. Does she need to wear the uniform pants to practice or can she wear regular sweats?? How long can i expect to be there? I also have a 5 year old i will be taking along. Should i take snacks? drinks? help!!!!

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son is 11 and has been playing for years. He usually doesn't wear his baseball pants to practice, but many as they get older it does become more common. He does wear his baseball cleats and he brings a water bottle. I am sure the coach will fill you in on the expectations once you get there. Most of the kids get their own batting helmets because people don't like to share hats. Some kids bring their own bats, but there are usually bats to share. Don't worry...you will figure it all out after the first practice!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son is 12 and in his 5th year of baseball. He wears sweats or windpants to practice. NO shorts, their legs can get pretty tore up. She should have on a baseball cap to help keep out the sun. Bring water. Depending on the coach and how many times a week they pratice, practice can be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009