what are some good meal Ideas for my son who just started eating some table food

My 9 month old is totally over baby he won't eat it. He loves to eat whatever I have I just want to make sure it's safe as in texture and size...he loves peas and rice and stuff like that and he can eat meat if I cut it up small enough. I just cant figure out what to make for him because I sometimes don't cook myself lunch so I need something quick, tasty, and healthy

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 12:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for lunch when im not eating I make a grilled cheese for my son with some grapes or peachs as sides, also the gerber little entrees are really good too, my son loves them, thats what he eats when i make somehing he cant have.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Soft fruit, variety of vegetables, dry cheerios, crackers. I second the little gerber entrees.
    SarahElf.

Answer by SarahElf. at 2:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You can make up extras, like at dinner time, and then save those for lunch. I make little turkey meatballs w/ veggies and baby cereal, freeze them, and then just take out a couple for lunch. Then I cut-up some soft fruits and veggies, and a half a piece of toast. I would only use those gerber things on occasion because they aren't as healthy as they claim to be.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sphagetti-o's, peas, slices of cheese, ground beef/turkey, scrambled egg yolks, french-style green beans, cheerios, cottage cheese, and yougurt. I also like the canned fruits (the ones without sugar and in natural juices) because they are generally softer. My son loves the pears and peaches.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009