Hm . . . Maybe I'm not as Christian as I once thought . . . ?

I have expressed the fact that I don't believe in a literal Hell or Satan.
I believe in teaching my kids safe sex as a logical option if they choose to not remain celibate.
I believe in ghosts.
I believe in the possibility of life on other planets.
I don't believe in the rapture.
I believe that MY path is not the ONLY path.

So . . .
Maybe I'm not as Christian as I thought?

Let the bashing commence . . .

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dunno, sounds to me like you're one of the ones that got it right. In the long run, that's prolly gonna be another strike against ya though :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I thought I was Catholic. Then I thought I was Christian. And now I am feeling the same exact way as you lol. I can't wait to see what my religious beliefs will be in the next 5 years.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 12:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Answered at 11:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 by: NotPanicking
    I dunno, sounds to me like you're one of the ones that got it right. In the long run, that's prolly gonna be another strike against ya though :p

I know right!? I just can't seem to win for losing, LOL!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• In all seriousness, you might want to go use the Belief-O-Matic and see what you come up with.  If nothing else to see that there are others that score the same way.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I can understand where you are coming from on this...if you live in reality, these things come into play. I feel like we can still love believe in God without fighting about the details...but I know some people feel that makes me less religious, less of a Christian.... I think there are lots of unanswered questions, seemingly illogical ideas, and certainly lots of conflicts among Christians. But, then again, I don't feel the need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I believe in God and I believe he loves us all....and I just can't imagine that there is not more than one path to God, or that God doesn't reach people in different ways. I know that is threatening to a lot of people, but I don't think it has to be.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Answered at 11:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 by: MandyOs
    I thought I was Catholic. Then I thought I was Christian. And now I am feeling the same exact way as you lol. I can't wait to see what my religious beliefs will be in the next 5 years.

With me, who knows?

I'm just sick of being told that I can't just possibly be a Christian because of my beliefs.

It just dawned on me . . .

I'm sounding kinda trollish aren't I?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Only you can answer that question. Do you believe Jesus is Lord and Savior born of a virgin birth and died on the cross bearing the sins of the World? Do you believe in this scripture...
    John 14
    Jesus Comforts His Disciples
    1"Do not let your heart be troubled; [a]believe in God, believe also in Me. 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4"And you know the way where I am going." 5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    Do you believe in the word of God ... when it says this...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Satan Bound
    1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
    4Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. and Jesus said this...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• NotPanicking:

According to this I'm a Christian, but I believe more along the ways of the Quakers . . . hm. Interesting . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Society_of_Friends

Well that explains it! Yup. I'm a Quaker.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009