If two of your children are invited to a birthday party, do you send one gift or two, and how much do you spend?

My twins are in daycare and get invited to a lot of birthday parties. I am not really sure if I should send one gift or two when they attend. My inclination has been to send one gift and spend just a little more than I would if only one of them was attending the party. Would you send one gift or two, and how much would you spend?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Two small gifts or one more expensive. I have twins also so know how you feel. The amount I spend depends on how close they are to the one inviting them.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would only send one gift...theres no point in you buying two...unless your kids are upset because they BOTH dont have something to give. I'm sure the moms would understand only buying one though
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 12:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I invited 3 brothers (twins and a sibling) to my son's 2nd birthday party. They got our son 1 gift that was about $20. I didn't expect them (nor wanted them) to buy 2 or 3 gifts. I think a $15-$25 gift would be appropriate. BTW, my son still uses that gift they got him and he is nearly 5 years old! So, it is really not about quantity but rather quality.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Personally, I would buy one gift and spend $20.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• One gift is acceptable. I have twins, and we've always just sent one gift. Once in a while we have sent two, if we found toys/games reasonably priced. Usually when the twins are the recipients of a gift from a friend, it's usually a game that both can play. There is so much excitement anyway when gifts are being opened that they usually don't know who got what.

I would say at least 20 dollars(even 25), depending on how close the twins are to the birthday child. If you wanted two gifts to send there are plenty of "good" toys you can find out there for ten dollars each.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would say theat one gift from the 2 of them would acceptable.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would just do one, but keep in mind if they came to your party, they would feel obligated to buy two. I think it's reasonable to spend a little more and get just one from both of them or maybe two small things.
    Anonymous

• whatever you think you can afford. If all you can do is $5 then great! I don't think you should spend more money than you have. But if you could afford something more then great! I would never expect a parent to give my child a gift they couldn't afford. I wouldn't be offended if the gift was something small, or even if they just gave a card with some nice words.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would buy a small gift for both of them, under $25-30
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i would say honestly...they need to each bring a gift. they are seperate ppl, just because they are twins doesnt mean anything...it would be like a single child going to the party, without bringing a gift!
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009