When did you feel like an adult? What made you feel like one?

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The day I smartened up and walked out on my first husband. He had been using me as his punching bag and wanted nothing to do with our baby girl, so the last time he hit me I waited till he drank himself into a coma, packed a bag for me and her, and went to the battered women's shelter, with help from the police, of course. From that point on, I was truly a single parent responsible for my child and myself and I was scared to death. But I am a strong person with God in my life and He guided me while I went on my journey towards true adulthood.

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When I got married and moved 5,000 miles away from my parents. It was then that I had to use what my parents had taught me and for me to grow up and do it on my own (or at least with my husband). I had just turned 20.

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• any day now :p

Answer by aliciatron at 1:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• when i got pregnant and bought a house and had to pay ALLLL my own bills!

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The first time I was dry-heaving over a toilet after overindulging in the Goldschlager.

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When I started working full time and had car payments when I was 18. Also when I had my own checking account at that time.

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• when my parents found it more important to go out and have themselfes a good time and leave me and my two brothers at the house. or they would go when one of my brothers went to his dads for the weekend, so then my "oldest" brother(hes a year younger than me) would hav a party or work or stay out until whenever. We got smart and had the house calls forwarded to our cell phones (they would say we will be calling to see if you two are where you are suppose to be! plus he and i had all the same friends and we dated our two friends who were brother and sister. )

Answer by jesussaves424 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When I was 5 and riding my bike, in the rain, to find out if my sister(who'd run away the night before) was at a particular friends house. When she was I dragged her home with me.

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When I was the one paying the bills and setting my schedule... Funny, I had a "Goldschlager" episode during that time, too! ;-)

Answer by jonosmama at 3:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm almost 24, own a home, have a college degree (and a career before becoming a SAHM) and a son/family and I STILL don't feel like an adult.

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009