If you made your own growth chart for LO

Just wondering how you made it? posterboard? piece of wood? I'd like to make one for my son for his upcoming 1st bday!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• actually I did mine on a mirror. I took a full length mirror and put on some pealable stickers (this way I could change out the stickers as she got older). Then I measured about 16 inches off the ground to hang the mirror, and marked the inches from the ground on the mirror and on up. Ex. the mirror is 16 inches off the ground, so I marked 17 inches as the first inch, and on up. I made dots with a magic marker first so I knew were each inch/half inch was, and painted the numbers and dashes on from there. I turned out beautiful.
    Also another way to do this (my aunt did this for her kids) was to take a fabric tape measure and sew it onto a piece of fabric that she liked. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I started one for my son when he was about the same age as your little one ---mine is 14 now and taller than me but we still mark him and his sister(11) off every few months - or when one of us really realizes that they've had a growth spurt. Back then it was on the back of his bedroom door. When we moved, we transferred the measurements. Now they're on the back of our laundry room door with a mark (or line) with their name and date. They like to compare the differences in their heights at different ages. You wouldn't think it means much, but I really think it does.
    missy910

Answer by missy910 at 12:11 PM on May. 21, 2009