Fried pb&j

How do you make it? Thanks

meghan925

Asked by meghan925 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • just like you would a grill cheese....
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Fried-peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich-29365
    also wanted to mention...google works wonders and is faster then this
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I've made them in sandwich makers before so the edges get sealed.. peanut butter & jelly is quick to ooze out!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Melt butter in a skillet. Spread one side of the bread with peanut butter and put bread slice PB side up in hot skillet. Spread jelly on another piece of bread. Make the sandwich by putting the bread jelly side down on the other slice. Fry until brown, flip and fry the other side. If the skillet is hot enough to melt the butter, you shouldn't get much oozing.

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Never heard of this! Is it any good? I wonder if it would taste better if you added sliced bananas to the middle?
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Just like a grilled cheese but with PB&J. I do them in my George Foreman grill...no added fat or butter that way. My kids LOVE them.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2009