Do you have a razor that you just love and works really great?

Every time I shave I have little painful red bumps all over my legs (YES I've tried shaving with the grain and all kinds of lotions etc) Sensitive skin razors dont do any good (my legs feel like I haven't shaved in a week right after i shave) and I'm looking for a miracle until I can afford lazer hair removal! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I love my intuition! The blades are pretty expensive, but so worth it. I break out with any other razor.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• And I shave standing in the shower ;)
    casperskitty

• I shave in a bath with warm water, I use the mens mach 5 razor, and i use conditioner, and then afterwards i use the aveeno baby soothing relief cream...works wonders
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• hm...i hate not being a girly girl..i use cheep-o dispsiple shavers...with either body wash, or conditioner or something just the water from the shower...and lotion...whatevers around, usally a hand/body lotion...store band...lol
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i use venus razors and i shave in the shower with mary kay 2-1 body wash and shave gel
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I use Shick Soliel and I don't like it very much. I prefer men's razors because the heads tend to be smaller, which makes maneuvering while shaving easier :~) I use conditioner, and rub lotion or coconut oil on afterwards.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You should give the intuition a try if you don't mind paying for the blades. They cost about $10 for 3 of them. But I just love them. Never use anything else. I prefer to shave in the shower because it is quicker and I have plenty of other things to do. Plus I don't have to mess with shave cream or gel or body wash that just gets rinsed off before I have finished shaving. The shave cream is built into the blade. Just try one.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have very sensative skin and I use the schick quatro, the blades have wires around them and I have never cut myself since I started using it years ago. Also, a good tip that I was given on technique to shaving is do not do long strokes, do very short strokes and actually move the razor up and down until you have ocvered the entire area that you are shaving (this removes all of the hair out of the blades and also helps the blades from getting dull so quickly).
    glwilde

Answer by glwilde at 1:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i love the soliel razors...they work better than anything i have ever tried, and their disposable! i heard they just came out with it in a refilk kind, can't wait to try it. and i use conditioner not shave cream, better for the skin!
    Anonymous