Dr says 30 weeks but i say 28 weeks?

The doc went by my last period and by the ultra sound. but they have me two weeks ahead of what i say i am. because when they say i got pregnat it couldnt have been cuz iwasnt with any one at that time. so what date do i go by? Cuz i know i wasnt with any one then but they doc says other wise.

firsttimer09

Asked by firsttimer09 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if they did ultra sound and are going by that then that is a possiblitly but if you know for a fact then go by what you know and tell your dr that . but even ultra sound extimastions can be off by 2 weeks so that would be in range of what you feel .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• ok cuz he said that if i dont have her by june 14 he would induce but the date i get is june 20 will it be ok if she comes then.
    firsttimer09

Answer by firsttimer09 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my ultra sound told me that i was going to have a 7lbs baby and i had a 5lbs baby! i would go by what you know! you know when you had sex not your DR! and ultra sound is a guess! dont let them induce labor!! thats why my baby was so little is because she was early! just let your baby come when its ready to come! GOD LUCK

Anonymous

• if he only thinks your 2 weeks farther then what you are that is fine yes. that would be 38 weeks full term is 37 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• and june 14th is only 6 days before the date you get , so yes it will be fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• DUDEEEEEEE...same thing happened to me..they told me i was 6 weeks pregnant when to the most i could have been only like 4 weeks...

i was like "so i must have had sex with a ghost if im 6 weeks" because at the first week i didnt wanna sex anyone lmfao..i had my wisdome teeth pulled
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• dude...its off by two weeks regardless, so you all actually do have the same due date in mind if you think of it that way....dont stress so much over it. i couldnt remember the last period, the last time i had sex nothing...i had 5 different due dates, 2wks off either way...everything was fine...i ended up delivering on a date that wasnt even one of the 5dates lol
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Last I checked, doctors count the two weeks before your conception as part of your pregnancy due to ovulation or something like that. So you're not wrong...but technically, neither is your doctor. In most cases, your pregnancy is actually two weeks "farther along" than your baby, but don't worry - it's the normal, usual method they use.
    Anonymous

• Doctors do count the two weeks before you actually concieve as part of your pregnancy. They consider you pregnant from the day of your last pregnancy and you usually concieve about 2 weeks after this date. Your doctors due date is most likely correct. A baby usually only reaches a gestational age of 38 weeks (the baby doesnt really exist until the end of the 2nd week of pregnancy) I know this sounds confusing, it took me weeks to actually understand it but you can ask your doctor to explain if you need more clarification.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• June 20th is fine, go by that. There is ZERO need to induce on June 14th, I would tell my doctor to shove it for even planning an induction with zero medical need. Due dates are not expiration dates, you don't have to be induced. You control your birth, not your doctor. Docs are not in charge of your body you are, and I would consider finding a new doctor. You are not overdue until 42 weeks..

My doctors tried to put my due date based on LMP but I know for a fact that I didn't conceive then because my husband wasn't even home lol. So I am going by what I know, and that moves my due date a week later, but that just means they wont argue to induce me (but I am having a home birth anyway so it doesn't matter).
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009