I'm trying to find activities and games that I can do with my 18 month old. Do you have any ideas?

I'm trying to find activities and games that my 18 month old can do. We live in a apartment, so not much space. Since it's been nice weather where I live I need things she can do indoor and out. Any ideas?

lizzys_mommy07

Asked by lizzys_mommy07 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we like pretending the floor is lava...i get some scratch peice of paper, and we have to put them down if we want to walk around. i usally put some things around the house...like fav toys...lets make our way over to ____ you can do that outside too...the grass is lava or an ocean of sharks or whatever
    if you scroll down a bit on this site..
    http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tpdevelopment/0,,pgbr,00.html
    it has fun together time activities...
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• we play hide and seek in the house and he loves it, or i pretend i am a monster and crawl around on the floor trying to catch him as he runs playing, and screeming, :HELP ME we laugh and he lets me catch him(sometimes?)
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• At that age children love songs. Try playing "ring around the rosies" or teach your child "head shoulders knees and toes". I have been going to a Mommy and Me group with my son and one of his favorite thing is acting like a spider. You say something that a spider does like; spin, jump, or roll and they do what the spider would do. At that age they are small enough to roll in the hallway. My son would also copy my yoga moves, he thinks they are still fun. You can do copy cats too, where you do something and your child copies you (I would only do this one indoors lol). I hope these ideas help.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 9:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009