What are your thoughts on propping your babies bottle ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My thoughts are that I wouldn't do it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i think its really lazy of the parents if they do that. come on.. how hard is it to hold a bottle in place. its your child, and thats your job.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• nope dont do it...its not to long that they can hold it themselves so just wait it out if its that big of a deal to you to not want to hold your baby while they eat...
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think if it's for every feeding then that's not good, but I could imagine there would be sometimes for a second here or there that it could be needed and I don't worry too much about that as long as it's for a very very short period of time and actually needed.

I nurse, so I've never ran in to that before. But my sister would prop up bottles at times, but not for the entire feeding.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It is dangerous. Numerous things may occur- they drink, it leaks down their cheek (into their ears), if they begin gagging... will the parent return in time?, this decreases the amount of times the child is burped- which can cause unnecessary tummy issues. 

Just not a good idea.

SarahElf.

Answer by SarahElf. at 2:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think it is laziness or selfishness on the part of the parents to prop their baby's bottle. I've never understood a parent especially a mom not wanting to hold and cuddle her baby during feeding time. Feeding time is a time to held and nurtured. It really makes me feel sad to see babies who are forced to hold their own bottles or worse yet, have it propped. That can cause choking. Feeding your children is one of greatest of all the times we as moms will ever share with our babies and it ends quicker than you know.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's one of my biggest pet peeves to see a parent prop a bottle. I also think it is lazy and selfish. It's not an inconvenience to hold a baby to feed them. Relax, and enjoy the time you get to spend holding the baby while feeding. Soon enough they will not want to be held anymore when they are fed, and you will miss that time. I should also add that it is a law that a childcare provider must have contact with a child while they are feeding a baby, so why should it be any different for a parent?
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 2:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Ive only done it if I'm in like walmart or somewhere and he was in his carseat facing me. that way I would be right there, and that was rare.Other than that never. It doesnt take them long to eat I was just enjoy every second because it doesnt last long
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I admit, I've done it. When my oldest was 10 months, my twins where born. When the twins where 18 months, the youngest was born. There where just some moments in my day that 4 things had to be done at once, and I was the only one home.

I would never do it so I could watch tv, talk on the phone, or something like that. I did it when one was flushing cars down the toilet, one wanted lunch, and the other had a full diaper.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have done it b4 with all my children, especially with my youngest.
    One thing for certain I not lazy. I hold him most of the time I feed him. I don't do it all the time because I know its not good but I have done it.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 6:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009