Any Stylists Out There? . . .Dye Job Gone Bad!!!!

I color my hair and typically don't have a problem. Today I used a light ash brown perm. all over hair color. My hair is medium brown. My roots turned out very golden red and much lighter than the rest of my hair. I was basically trying to do an all over color for gray hair. I need to fix it. What is the best way? Should I do another all over hair color in a much darker brown (which I typically prefer) or just try to color the roots? Can hair handle that much processing? It's fine, thin but in good shape. HELP!!!! If nothing else it made my husband laugh out so loud and long he woke our son from his nap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Never put color on top of color. When covering gray, only color the outgrowth. About 5 minutes before the processing time is over, add shampoo to the remaining color in your color bottle. Dampen the hair and apply the mixture all over your hair. Wait 5 minutes and rinse.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2009