WOuld you attend a WELCOME TO THE WORLD party for a newborn ?

Well I had a baby shower when I was prego with my 2 year DD and that's all that my thinks I should have . You have 1 shower and that's for your first.
I had 2 miscarriages after she was born (3 altogether I had 1 before her) and we were nervous about having more incase I lost another baby. Well I am 11 weeks pregnant and everything is PERFECT . I am past the point where I usually miscarry (8 weeks ) and I am on progesterone till 14 weeks. We are pretty sure this baby will stick. We have ALL girl stuff so if this baby is a boy we will have to buy some new stuff which I would like to have a shower but I know my family isn't for that so with me having 3 loses and it looks as though this baby will stay with us I was thinking of having a small get together to celebrate us finally having another baby gifts optional . I feel so blessed to be FINALLY having another healthy baby and I want to celebrate later when the baby is here.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think it is a great idea,and congradulations,I hope and pray everything works out for you. We should all have celebrations ,when a baby enters the world,they are such a miracle,and a wonderful blessing.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I totally think you should throw that party. Congratulations!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Every baby is a gift to the world, Every single baby. Congratulations, celebrate, be happy!!! DD's gonna be a big sissy!!!! That is truly exciting!!!
    Anonymous

• That's an awesome idea!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sure, any excuse to have a party, lol.
    We had one for my oldest. It was the closest thing I ever had to a baby shower. It was partly to welcome the new baby (my first and the first grandbaby for my parents) and partly to welcome me home because me, my husband and the baby moved in with my parents when she was 3 weeks old. My mom was ecstatic to have me back home. It was supposed to be a big affair with my mom's family coming from out of town and all but my mom had a stroke a few days before the baby was born so she was sick. We ended up just having my dad's sil and my cousins come over and the neighbors. And my in-laws drove up for the day. It was nice, but tiring and I ended up leaving the party (which was at our house) and taking a nap half way through. She was a month old when we had the party.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Congrats!!! Your situation is very similar to mine whenI had dd. I had 2 ds's and then 3 miscarriages, was on progesterone, and when we got pregnnant with dd and found out she was a girl, I did get another shower. My friends threw it for me, but family came and brought gifts. I love the idea you have too, I had never heard of it before but I would definitely come to something like that if ever invited. And congrats on your pregnancy and baby, GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• first i want to say congrats, 2nd i agree about the 1 baby shower rule,, no exceptions and 3rd yes i would attend,, in fact threw a successful one
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Absolutely! It's just a baby shower except for after the baby is here. I've heard of a lot of people having one.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I say celebrate! My SIL did this because her baby was really sick (born almost 2.5 months early) and they weren't sure if he'd make it when he did she had a welcome lil one party and it was really nice!
    fairy74

Answer by fairy74 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009