do you think when people say my baby daddy or my significant other sounds really skanky?

I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree,I think they shoud be known as my sons/daughters father.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Babdy daddy bothers me, but s/o not so much. I prefered to call my husband my boyfriend or fiance though before we got together. And my oldest son's bio dad was always my son's dad.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• sometimes it slips out that way but i mainly just refere to him as my fiance, or hubs...but weve been engaged for almost 4 years now lol
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• IMO... baby daddy is low-class and trashy and S/O is just a way of trying to make it not so bad that you have a baby with someone or you are living with someone you're not married to.

Anonymous

• It's one thing when someone is joking around and refering to him as that~ but I think it sounds bad when someone calls him that all the time. SO~ not so much.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 3:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I call mine my s/o. I'm almost 45 and we've been together 12 years so say boyfriend doesn't sound right. But I only use s/o on here or my space. If I'm introducing him to someone I say boyfriend or the girls' father for school.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• yes, i can't stand to hear someone say baby daddy or baby momma for that matter, i think it is low class and sounds ignorant. JMHO
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 4:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Well, anyone who uses it is either uneducated or kidding because "my baby daddy" is grammatically incorrect. I have heard many people say it and I just assume they use it like me (jokingly) because I cannot tell by looking at someone if they are educated or not.
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 5:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Baby daddy does bother me. But SO does not. Saying you have a SO (significant other) is not skanky and just explains that you have someone special in your life (husband, bf, gf, fiance). A lot of companies use that because they don't know everyones personal life.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009