Please help me with my 2 year old!!

So yeah my son went to his 2 year shots a few days ago and they told me his iron was real low its supposed to be 12 HIS IS A 7 becouse only thing he will eat is bread products and chicken fries and Noodles Hardly and Red meat at all I try and try to give it to him and he will NOT eat it! I DONT WANT MY BABY TO END UP IN THE HOSPITAL! What should I do ladies Im so scared and I feel like SUCH A FAILURE AS A MOM!

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 2:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddlers can be very picky eaters, I would ask the pediatrician about giving him a vitamin with iron.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Same as what goaliemom said, but remember (about him not wanting to eat certain food) If they get hungry enough, they will eat....my dd was the same way (with the picky eating)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 2:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• This does not make you a failure.  Toddlers are often very stubborn and picky eaters.  Talk to the doctor about giving him vitamins.  There are liquid vitamins that you can put in apple juice or milk with iron.  He'll be fine.  Just keep offering him a variety of foods and make sure he sees you eating them as well.  Eventually, he'll eat lots of different things.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Cream of wheat is high in iron. Greens are high in iron too. On the cream of wheat box there is a reciepe for muffins you can try that when you have time. Try a different veriety things. Don't feel bad about your kid not wanting to eat, you are giving him food.
    - All that my kid wants is jelly sandwitches, I don't give him that for every meal, he gets in once a week. Almost every meal he wants seconds of what he likes the most and I tell him if he eats all of the other things on his plate then he can have more. It's kinda old school but it works for my son. Try diferent things to see what works the best for your child.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 8:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009