Please help me with my 2 year old!!

So yeah my son went to his 2 year shots a few days ago and they told me his iron was real low its supposed to be 12 HIS IS A 7 becouse only thing he will eat is bread products and chicken fries and Noodles Hardly and Red meat at all I try and try to give it to him and he will NOT eat it! I DONT WANT MY BABY TO END UP IN THE HOSPITAL! What should I do ladies Im so scared and I feel like SUCH A FAILURE AS A MOM!

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 2:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• Breakfast cereal is a great way to go. My children (and myself) all have problems with anemia, and two of my children aren't big 'meat eaters'.
    Life cereal has 90 percent of a child under 5 y/o's iron in one serving.
    debbie1972

Answer by debbie1972 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• dito on the cereal thing. cream of wheat is high in iron too
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 2:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Did the doctor give you any advice on how to raise his iron level? That would be the place to start. Increse his iron intake, more iron rich foods, vitamins.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Supplements-vitamins. Not all vitamins are egual. message me for what we use
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009