How severe and how long can postpartum depression get/last after a miscarriage?

I miscarried at 12wks on February 22 and was diagnosed with postpartum depression which makes sense, but it seems extremely severe because I don't have a baby to care for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can last a while i had 3 of them before getting pregnant this time and i was and still am depressed because of them . i would talk to your dr about it maybe there is something they can do to help ...
    good luck honey !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I know how you feel, and I am so very very sorry for you loss. Talk to people as much as you can, find a suppoort system online if you have to. Find someone to talk to who understands. I dont think it is ever something you completely get over. But it does get easier. Let me know if you want to talk.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• will you message me I want to give you some info aside from every one seeing it but you are posting anonymous?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my baby at 12 weeks in january. It's really hard to get through and even though I'm already pregnant again I still find myself grieving some for the lost baby. I have found that I started feeling a bit better when I opened up to friends, family, and even just sme random people that have gone through the same thing. Feel free to message me if you'd like someone else to talk to ^_^
    Tigress0717

Answer by Tigress0717 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 2 1/2 years ago I lost twins at 11 weeks. I was really depressed every single day. It consumed my life and marriage. It was all I could think about. It didn't help that we kept trying and trying and couldn't get pregnant. I had no one to talk to about it. No one understood. All they would say is "everything happens for a reason". I found a support group online and it was the only thing that helped me at all. Other than that the only thing that has helped me not forget, but let go with God is the fact that I am now 35wks prg with a baby that I waited almost 3 years for. Just pray and seek the guidance of anyone who cares.
    lexluvsmaelii

Answer by lexluvsmaelii at 4:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009