My almost 3yo is annoying me

Is that "ok"? or is there something wrong with me? Ive never seen anyone get annoyed by their kid. But shes got this attitude now, always saying no when I tell her to do something or to stop somthing. And latly shes been acting like a cat...we have wandering cats in the complex we live so she sees them all the time...started meowing...i think that real cats meowing is annoying and now shes doin it. I dont want to discourage her from playing and using her imagination, but come on...and at lunch today she had to have alll her baby dolls and stuffed animals, that are her favs of the moment at the table. i told her only one, so the rest went away....but that annoyed me. anyway....kinda a vent/is it me/anyone else/what are you thoughts...question

Shannon85

Asked by Shannon85 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol, that's normal. You'll look back one day and laugh about it. If it get's to be too much at times, try to get out for a night every month for just mommy time. This helps me loosen some of that stress. I'm a work at home mom with two jobs. The first I work out of my office and the second I babysit for a neighbor. But I try to make sure I get that one night a month off so I have just mommy no baby time. But give her choices. If she wants to play kitty, tell her kitty has to play with her kitty toys in her room quietly. Etc. Just try to find a way to let her play and find time for you to get a few minutes of quiet.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's okay to be annoyed. It's normal. What she's doing is normal as well as your reaction/feeling towards it. JMO
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Join the club! LOL everyone has those days~ and if they say they don't~ they're usually lying or trying to cheer themselves up
    Anonymous

• My kids annoy me regularly, but it is my problem not thiers, so I suck it up, especially if they aren't really doing anything wong.

As to your DD being a cat, my younger ones were dogs today, my 5th child barked and meowed before he talked, it's fun to pretend, but the bigger deal you make of it the more fun it is for her. Pick your battles wisely otherwise everything else will backfire.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• at one point in your life your kids are going to get on your nerves, or drive you crazy, that is normal, just be patient my middle dd acts just lik that!! I HATE IT, but its fun to her, so i tell her if that cat i hear doesnt start being a little more quite i am going to put it outside. That helps her, or i tell her to play cat ( or dog, horse, cow, singer, or whatever she is at that moment) lol in her room and pretend that she is in a castle, barn, park, ect. hey it works for her!!! Good luck girl call me if you need me! hahah LUV BRee oh, just because the child is bothering your nervous that day, doesnt mean we dont love them and i do not tell my kids that they are driving me crazy or anything like that im afraid it would hurt there feelings>
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's ok!! I have an almost 13 yr old that irritates me all the time. LOL!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• LOL everyone gets annoying from time to time with their child, some people are just afraid to admit it. Don't worry "this too will pass."
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 6:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I wish we could trade kids. My son will be three on Tuesday and he has been a terror for attention. Whenever I go and do something for dd he will get into something. (ie; painting the kitchen with hummus, mixing butter with a bag of chocolate chips, powdered sugar and mashing it into the carpet, making muffins with real eggs. All of this has been in the past 48 hours). I leterally made my self puke from all of the stress. I figure that I am not the only one with a kid like this. So now he gets to jump on the bed while I feed my dd, play outside with the dogs and feed the dogs while I cook and gets to wear a leash when I am doing the laundry lol. A kid that has an imagination sounds better than artsy kid with an imagination. I would also tell your DD that cats stay outside so she can only make cat noises outside and plastic dolls only eat plastic food and at the dinner table you eat real food so the dolls aren't invited.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 8:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009