Has anyone used the "No cry sleep method"

My son is 9 months old and he is in the bed with us for the most part of the night and I'm ready to start teaching him to sleep in his own bed. We tried the CIO method and failed miserably I couldn't handle him crying in his crib all alone without running in there and grabbing him and putting him in the bed with me...My question is if there is anyone who has used this method I want to know how it worked for you and what it is in a nutshell basically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried it but it didn't work for us. It actually made things much, much worse with LOTS more screaming. But then, my daughter has been odd since day 1 (said with love and pride!).

Lots and lots of parents do have great luck with it and I would certainly recommend it based on that. My experience was just odd but then, as you know, all babies are different. Mine didn't respond well to this method, most do.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I tried it with both kids. It didn't work for me either time, but did successfully get them falling asleep without being on my breast.

I had to Ferber both of my kids.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The no cry method didn't work for my ds either. We wound up having to do sleep training using CIO. It was EXTREMELY hard, but was very worth it in the long run.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 3:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• what is the no cry sleep method?, i would like to know how to do it, bc my dd is in bed with us for a good hour after she falls asleep so that when i put her in the crib she doesn't wake up.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I used the book the no cry sleep solution by elizebeth pantley. It worked great. In about a week my son went from waking to nurse 4 times a night to sleeping all night.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009