How Do I Keep A Diaper On?

I know the question sounds stupid. We're going through a phase w/ a 25 month old boy who is taking his diaper off left & right. During naps it seems that short of duct taping it he'll find a way to remove it. Fully dressed w/ tight underwear over it he'll get them off... He even managed to undo his diaper without taking off his clothes while playing yesterday! Any suggestions?

AggieMamacita

Asked by AggieMamacita at 3:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've heard a trick for those who do this at night & during naps. They get those "Feetsie" pj's that zip up the front & put them on the kids backwards. Obviously you cannot have them wear the pj's with the "Feet" still attached to the pj's so you would have to cut that part off. You can also find some that zip up front without the "feet".
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 3:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Duct tape. This is actually recommended by a couple of my baby books so don't feel odd! Many others have the same problem and use tape as the solution.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yup duct tape!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Have you tried the pullups' they look like underware and can keep him dry during naps and can be helpful in potty training?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son did the same exact thing. Every 5 minutes! I also thought about duct tape but instead I just put a onzie on him and that worked for a little while and then I had to keep the onzie on and overalls! After awhile he figured out how to take those off and so I then bought big boy underwear and put them over the diaper. I guess he thought he didn't have a diaper on and so he stopped taking it off.
    Anonymous