• In the Spotlight:

My 2 year old an her legs

two nights in a row my daughter has woke up streching her and screaming about it. now at two can you have growing pains? and what can i do to prevent them?

MyGodSent

Asked by MyGodSent at 3:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, not only is she growing but just playing through out the day, and at night when they stretch they sometimes get leg aches/ growing pains.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It could be growing pains but it could also be leg cramps. Increase her potassium and fluid and see if that helps. Bananas are a good source of potassium and see if you can get her to drink plain water a lot. Maybe even like kool aid or something with water in it.

To me, that sounds more like leg cramps. Growing pains are more sore leg type pains not immediate nightly pains.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• See she drinks alot of water so i do not think that could be it. i use to get really bad growing pains and did not know if my 2 year old could get them at such a young age
    MyGodSent

Answer by MyGodSent at 3:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think some people get them worse than others. I didnt notice my son getting any until he was about 4. But I guess if she is having a BIG growth spurt then I guess it could be that.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my daughter has them, the dr said to give her a good vitamine that has lots of iron, and instead of juice, make her drink some water during the day, But i did all that and i also gave her one banana before bed and i noticed that her legs hurt more if she didnt get enough sleep and take a nap during the day,
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Just some suggestions to help her with the pain if she continues.

Tylenol
    Heating pad
    Bio-Freeze (Walmart has an off brand found over with the icy hot. It is a LOT milder than icy hot and kind of tingles a little but feels good.) I cant think of the name of it right now, but it says on the tube, compare to bio-freeze. Try some yourself before you use it on her.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009