I had two miscarriage and I just found out that I am pregnant. What are the do's and dont's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well all I can say is DONT stress. and of course the common sense stuff dont drink, smoke, or lift things over 40 to 50 pounds. the two miscarrges you had were nothing you could have prevented. Sometimes things happen that just suck but look at the great gift God has blessed you with :) Good luck!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My sister has had many miscarriages and I know her doctor told her next time she gets pregnant there are many things she can do to increase the chances of her baby survivng. Here are the ones I can think of...
    1. Dont drink or smoke (which we all know)
    2. Start your prenatals ASAP
    3. Try to de-stress your life as much as possible, the more relaxed the better
    4. Always think positively, your less likely to have a miscarriage if you BELIEVE you wont
    5. Drink ALOT of water
    6. Get plenty of rest, but dont cut out all activity (light exercise is still very important)

Hopefully that helps you some =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with all that luvsgriffin said, just because you've had two previous miscarriages does NOT mean you will def. miscarry this time. Just do no freak out about it! Don't set yourself up for the worst or it will happen. Just stay calm. Relax as much as possible in the first few months, eat well, go easy on any exercising and don't let things get to you.

I was very high risk for miscarriage and they thought I'd miscarry but now I'm 13 weeks and have no complications, all it takes is just some relaxation and keeping your stress level down!!

Good luck hun (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• First of all congrats, secondly you can get some "welcome womb" tincture.

Don't drink and smoke, obviously, but don't stress! Go about daily life as normal. Eat healthy, drink water, and take care of yourself.

Have you had your blood tested, or progesterone levels tested?

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had a miscarrige back in January and am pregnant again. I know for me the Dr. has just just told me to stay relaxed and this time checked my progesterone levels. They weren't checked the first time, but this time they were low so I'm taking pregesterone on top of my other vitamins and I actually feel better this time then the first. If they haven't already, I would ask your doctor to check you progesterone levels just in case. It seems to be helping me. Other than that Good Luck
    Tigress0717

Answer by Tigress0717 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009