how much did your baby weigh when he was 7 months?

my son weighs 27 pounds! he was 5 weeks early and weighed 4 pounds 3 ounces at birth. i think he is too heavy right now he lives with his dads parents long story..no bashing please im going through bitter custody battle and lots of made up lies were said about me and the judge temp. placed him there. but anyhow i think he weighs way too much they feed him evrytime he cries even if that not what he is crying for. i see him every single day so again no bashing. i talked to doctor and he agrees with me that he is overweight but they wont do anything abot it and wont stop overfeeding him!!!!

adamalory

Asked by adamalory at 3:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 7 months and weighs 22 pounds. I asked her doctor about it and she said they don't really worry about weight until they are around 2. They said to also take into consideration her height. She is in the 99% for weight and 98% for height so she is proportional. I wouldn't worry momma, when he starts crawling, he'll lose that baby weight!
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• he has started crawling but he is so chubby he rolls when he picks up! lol. it is so adorable!!!! i call him rolly polly punkin head! his head is so big!! he can fit in my sunglasses (the big eyed kind!!!) i love and miss him so much i cant wait til lmay so he can come join us and his big brothers!!!
    adamalory

Answer by adamalory at 4:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my 7 mos old weighs 16#.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• First dd, 24 lbs. Second dd, 18 lbs.
    SarahElf.

Answer by SarahElf. at 5:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Wow, that is a very cute little chunkster you have there! (I checked out your profile.) My son weighted 21 pounds at 7 months old, and now, at 9 1/2 months, he weights 23 pounds. So obviously, his weight gain slowed down a lot. He was 8 pounds at birth though. You also have to take his length in consideration. (My son is 29 inches long now.) What percentitle is he in? Even though he has been placed with his grandparents temporarily, can't you go with them for his check-ups? That way you can talk about your concerns with the pediatrican. If the grandparents are quick to pop a bottle in his mouth every single time he cries and fusses, it is likely they might be overfeeding him a tad. Bring this up to the pediatrican, the grandparents will listen to the doctor better than you.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 7 months I don't know, but my youngest was 4 weeks early and at 6 months he was 27 1/2 inches long and 22 1/2 pounds.

If the pediatrician things there is a problem with his weight, document the hell out of it and use that in your court battle.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Whoa my son will be 8 months next week and is just barely 17lbs!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My baby weighs 24lb 1oz and he's only 6 months. He weighed 9lb 6o when he was born and 21.5 inches long. Don't worry.
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 2:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• mine just got weighed yesterday. he is 8 months on the 16th btw. he was 19 lbs and 8 oz.
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 3:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009