how do i deal with a 15 year old stepdaughter,who wants all her dads attention and wants to sleep with us

my stepdaughter came to live with us one month ago and it has been a living hell with all the lies going on and her father cannot or will not address the issue. I feel like i should not have to deal with a child being disrepectful. she is trying to destroy our relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i would put my foot down tell he that she is not a little girl no more and she cant sleep with yall
    Anonymous

• Its like that with most stepparents... she feels like your taking her mothers place. sounds mean not meant to be though.. 0_0
    Anonymous

• You need to sit your husband down and tell him how you feel, you both need to be on the same page when it comes to his daughter or it will never work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• She knows what she is doing if she is 15. She is just trying to break you up. Kick her out of the bed and tell your husband how you feel and that if this is how things are then it wont work.
    Anonymous

• Seriously this no joke Your step daughter isn't my cousin Samantha is it? If it is bring her to my house I'm dying to kick her @ss. If not wow theres a lot of them out. I say send her back to her moms or another family members till she can learn some respect.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• First of all, it's not a pi$$ing contest between you and your step daughter. She probably very well knows that you are replaceable (just like her mother was) but she is not. The fact that you say you don't think you should have to deal with a disrespectful child speaks pretty loud. Even bio moms have to deal with their own bio children being disrespectful at times so why should step moms be exempt from that? Your attitude towards not wanting to deal with her will make your position as "the new wife" very short lived because children feed off stuff like that and she will break your marriage up. But perhaps you shouldn't be married to a man with children in the first place.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You are more concerned that she's taking your hubby's attention from you when you should be worried about why your hubs thinks it's cool to sleep with his teen daughter. I'd be just a little worried about what might be going on there that you aren't seeing

legalmommy101

• you hav to put ur foot down with him. he needs to lay down the law and he needs to let her know that hes with u he loves you and he loves her too but she should respect that and get over it. you could also sit with her and tell her ur not tryin to take her dad but you love him abnd want him to be happy and want her to be happy too. try reasoning. im 16 and i know how 15 y/os r. they r impossible. take her out shopping or something and try to bond with her. shell get over it eventually.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You all need to see a family counselor.

Answer by Bmat at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why are 15 & 16 year olds on Cafe Mom to begin with?? There's stuff on here they don't need to know about yet! Where are their MOMS???
    Anonymous