Does Anyone Else Still Argue W/ There Parents?

I went to visit my folks on Tuesday and drove 8hrs to see them since my husband is deployed and my daughter doesn't get to see them except once every 2-4 months if that.. Well my dad and I have issues from the past, and I ended up in fostercare when I was 16, and just started a relationship back up w/ my parents about 4 yrs ago. Well my daughter was laying on the floor w/ my brother and not feeling good, so I took some tylenol and squirted it in her mouth while she was laying there, and some spilt on the floor, well my brother decided to rub it into the capet and my dad went balistic and it went from carpet talk to past issues, and I ended up leaving bcuz of what he said to me, and headed back towards home, and got stuck in this blizzard in Kansas. So we're paying $140 for 2 nights,since we got into this fight. I dont want to take my daughter back to see them again bcuz it's disfunctional there, anyone else have this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i do me and my parents fight all the time my parents have a big drug problem but they dont think they do so i know how you feel when i get to havea baby if my prents sre messed up then my child will not see them at all
    Anonymous

• I'm in Kansas too. I'm in the Kansas City area. We got just over an inch, but plenty of ice (still very dangerous).

My mother and I can't seem to agree either. She lives close, in the Topeka area, in a subdivision at Perry Lake. My mother has bad judgement, and is a repetitive in her mistakes. I grew up in the wake of consequences of her mistakes. Not only do I love my mother, but I know how quickly she can put herself in a dangerous situation. The issue is, how do I watch my mother make mistakes while allowing her to be an adult? Another, how can I get her to realize that the decisions I made where for my own survival (started my life trial by fire)? I had to stay with a man in my early years (before I had any work experience or skills), when he didn't want to marry me (example). Either that or be homeless. (This is why I'm a workaholic throughout my life)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes I do unfortunately I can't just leave I live right next door. My dad isn't bad my mom however is a raging lunatic and always starts a fight.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I still argue with mine, but my mom and me have never really gotten along.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I still argue with my mom, all the time. She is the type of person who should have never had kids. To her we are a burden and nothing but losers. My dad and I get along better though. My mom even argues with my 12 year old and then wonders why no one listens to her and yells at her instead of talking. Could it be because all she does is yell at everyone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I no longer will engage  in arguments with my parents, it's conscious effort on my part and requires a lot of energy. I also won't allowed myself to be disrespected by them nor will I allow mistreatment; if necessary I will say what I need to say & express what I feel but, I no longer defend myself, beliefs or actions, to them. It is strained but, setting boundaries (that I adhere to because they are not open to compromise or working things out) has a helped a bit. So, far I still feel that I want a relationship with them but, I will only continue to do so if it is on terms that I believe to be acceptable.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009