• In the Spotlight:

does it annoy you when

You come accross a post (or an email, question, anything) that is written like they are text messaging? And they never have any punctuation either. This bugs the crap out of me.

im askn cuz i need help n i dont kno how 2 deal w it and t drivin me crzy cuz wuld u lik it if evry thing red lik this too

AHHHHH! I hate it to no end. Learn to talk and then we might help you with your question. Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Whenever I come across anything written like that, back buttton!

Takes way too much time and energy to decipher it, and at the end I can't take it seriously! To misspell something or an abbreviation but o that drives me crazy!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yes!!!!!!
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I completely agree! I hate it too!!!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 4:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No it doesn't bother me. I do it some times it's just quicker to type that way. If you have a problem with it I suggest just not responding to those post.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Nope, doesn't bother me not one bit. I say, find positive ways to deal with things that irk you b/c most of the time, you can't change it. Good luck!

For example, I can kinda appreciate when ppl write like that b/c it reaches the point quicker lol
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• it bugs me too....the only time i can kinda accept it is when its a long question and they're just doing it to make it all fit in the provided space
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It doesn't bother me exactly, but I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out what they mean, if I don't get it right away I ignore. I think that writing like that does hinder communication.

Answer by Bmat at 5:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I like to actually spell out my words but I rarely bother with punctuation. Unfortunately when i read those kinds of posts I get this image of a very uneducated individual or a 15 year old. I know I shouldn't think that way but it's the first thought that comes to mind
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It only bothers me if I can't understand what the hell they are saying.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It makes me feel out of breath when no punctuation is used.

It's like USE A FREAKING DOT! lol
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009