is it wrong to hate being pregnant

I feel SOOOOO bad, but this is like the WORST thin I have ever experienced next to kidney stones, and I am sure by the time I deliver this 10000000 lb baby, Ill be wish I had kidney stones instead. Is it wrong to absolutly HATE being pregnant. Everyone talks about how beautiful, andwonderful and joyfull it is, and all I can think i what the Hell was these woman thinking, why couldt you have jus been real about it and said how bad it sucks?
I love children, and I wanted many, until now! I think I will stick to adoption- I am getting my tubes tied after this just to make sure tehre are no *accidental blessings* am I a bad person/parent fr thinking this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you're not a bad person just cause you don't like being pregnant. Not everyone does. It's not like you're going to hate your child, you just don't like going through the pregnancy stuff. There are plenty of people who prefer not to and adopting is wonderful in itself too
    Tigress0717

Answer by Tigress0717 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Not really, but it would make you a lot happier if you stopped trying to hate it and maybe though about how great it could be. I don't have easy pregnancies and still manage to find the silver lining. Being negative only makes things worse and you wont get anything positive out of the experience if you don't at least try and look on the bright side lol.

Pregnancy puts a lot of strain on your body, but don't say that women who truly believe it's wonderful and beautiful are not being honest. I love being pregnant, even with all the bad things, and I do truly believe it's wonderful and beautiful.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Oh no it is normal I went through most of mine not sure if i really wanted my son, but you know the first time i felt him move i became more comfortable. And now i can't even begin to imagine my life with out him.
    Anonymous

• yah i went thro the same thing with my lil boy hes 2 i was sick very single day i was pregnate and he was huge 10lbs! i said id never get pregnate again..... well im 28 weeks w my lil girl and this has been the most easy pregnacey for me just because this pregnacey is so bad sode not mean the next will be. just be carefull of what you do cause once your holding that lil baby in your arms your gonna forget all about what your went throto have him or her.
    lmholder06

Answer by lmholder06 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Its normal. I dont understand whats so great about being pregnant... theres hemmeroids, pain everywhere, discharge, nausea, not to mention you feel like a whale waddling down the street. I think it was a horrible time!! It does not make you a bad person, and does not mean you wont love your baby.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I dont think its bad that you dont enjoy it! But just keep in mind how wonderful it is that you are getting the oppurtunity to have a child in the first place. so many woman out there wish they could have children but can't. I know during the process you hate it and wish it over..but stay humble and thankful at the same time :)
    Anonymous

• No your not bad person I hate beging PG the only thing that I missed was when my baby would kick I liked that but hated everrything else! And I said the same thing I think she will be my one and only but trust me you forget! Being a mom is the best thing in the world! Trust me iam 3 months PG and mine juyst turned 2. Hang in there hon.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You're not bad for thinking that way. Its actually your hormones thinking that way lol. You're hormones play a big role in you're emotions. So its totally normal to feel that you absolutely hate being pregnant. Feeling that way is usually temporary, and when you finally see your baby it'll totally be worth it all.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No it isn't wrong. I love my son dearly and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world...but I HATED being pregnant and I will NEVER do it again.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009