Wouldn't a "CafeDad" double the profit....

For the creator of CafeMom (and clubmom)? CM is such a huge success and there are a lot of momma's SO or DH that want what we have, and I wish that they did :O) Social Networking sites like Facebook and Myspace just aren't the same and I would love it for SO to meet some local dads and be able to have playdates, and someone that understands how they are feeling.....KWIM? (I prefer CM over the other social networking sites!)

sammyjnrtwins06

Asked by sammyjnrtwins06 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• I believe there already one called dad daily or daily dad i can't remember
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• SO has tried all of the 6 daddy sites and didn't like any of them. He is bummed because he wants a site like this, as he sees me on it all of the time and sees the features that it has. Dad Daily was similar in some respects, but out of less than 100 members no one is hardly ever on. SO decided to delete his account because it was boring and not exciting like he sees the excitement on CM. He would like to request CD (cafedad).
    sammyjnrtwins06

Answer by sammyjnrtwins06 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah that would be interesting and nice for the Dad's out there. If they do make one, it should have many of the features and privacy of CM has. The only prob I see would be that some of the women might try to crash in just to see what their hubby's thoughts will be. Seen it on one of the other Dad sites...and one of the women being catty to one poster. I forgot what the post was all about.
    Anonymous

• But wouldn't you think that it would slow the daddys out there from checking in on the momma's accounts? I know DH checks out my homepage when he is bored to see what my friends have written. I know he does it, but only does it when I am gone. I have nothing to hide, and he knows that, so he doesn't do it often (probably because I am on CM when I am home.). It wouldn't even need to be CafeDad, maybe the Dad Lounge or something. I just figured since Cafemom already has the platform the could copy it and make a dads site, double the pleasure, double the fun :O)
    sammyjnrtwins06

Answer by sammyjnrtwins06 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think it would be hard to find enough guys interested in hanging out and making friends online with other guys just because. Most male-centric websites (aside from the porn ones) are centered on a single hobby, and they make friends out of talking about that hobby. How many dads are really that involved with being a dad they way they are with their other hobbies?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My husband is lucky to check his email on a weekly basis. He would have no interest in it. He is not into computers, video games, networking sites etc. He was born 10 years too soon for all of that. If there was such a site and I could drag him to the computer, he could give some great advice to younger dads however. Nothing is more important to him than his family. He is awesome!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The dads learn more from us then from eachother. Thats why I don't understand when they kick the men out.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Why bother? So many fathers participate on here any using their wife's accounts or being incognito anyway. They just stay quiet about it to avoid getting deleted. lol
    Anonymous