My daughter survived almost drowning.

My two year old daughter survived almost drowning in my parents pond on 03/18/09 we have been at childrens hospital in Omaha Ne ever since. I don't know who I can talk to about what I am feeling. My family keeps that it is not my fault but I don't feel that way. I feel like I let her down because I am her mommy and I wasn't there when she needed me the most. I feel like crying all day. I can't sleep because when I close my eyes I see her floating in the water all over again and when Iam able to fall asleep I hear her calling to me to help her but I can't find her. And when she looks at me it is like she is asking me where were you when I needed you to save me? I need some one Ican talk to about this and don't know where to look.

RachelKoch

Asked by RachelKoch at 5:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• look honey its really not ur fault...maybe try talking to a counselor or a psychologist. i had to get one when my dad died and i had guilt. it helped alot. it will take awhile but just know that its not ur fault ur baby loves you and she will be just fine. wish u all the best.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm very sorry about what happened. She will be alright. May god bless her and you. We can't always be with our children and have to leave them every once in a while for whatever reason. You sound like a very good mom. Please think of that and take care.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I hope she is making a full recovery. I can't imagine how awful this has been for you. I agree, you are not at fault though I understand how you would think you are. We are moms. We are supposed to protect them from anything. But we can't. Bad accidents happen just as small ones do. Skinned knees and skinned hearts are part of life and we can't protect our children from everything, no matter how hard we try.
    I did find this support group that may be able to help you...
    http://www.hugsfoundation.org/support%20groups.htm

I'd also strongly suggest you get some counseling. At the very least you are experiencing depression. Talking to someone will help.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• xhelixfirex495 is right, ask for counselling in the hospital even a clergy member on staff. I am so sorry it happened. I hope baby is ok. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Join hands in prayers over her as she sleeps, before procedures.
    Anonymous

• My heart goes out to you. My feeling hurt for you just by reading your plea. You should ask to speak to a counselor on staff at the hospital that knows how to deal with this and coach you through your feelings. You may just need to have a heart to heart with your 2 yr old. Maybe speaking to her about your feelings will remove some weight. The worst part is over with now and she lived. Don't punish yourself and just let yourself go through the emotions so you can get through this. Cry hard if you need to and find someone you love to just hold you.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It isn't your fault. I'm really sorry you are going through all this, and hope your DD makes a good recovery. But she is here, and you didn't loose her. Be thankful for that. I would listen to Kaycee14 and check out her group along with a pastor/ support group/ counseler, etc. My heart goes out to you and yours and I am wishing for the best.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My friends dd dies last year due to an accidental drowning, its not your fault that it happened just be happy your preious child is with you I dont know personally but I've had second hand experiance with this if you need to talk pm me
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009