BH contractions

im 28 weeks and iv been having alot of bhc latly they r getting worst but not bad enogh to go to the doc but i was wondering do they do any thing like can they make you dilate? i have a 2 year old and i dont get the rest i should i cant i know thats why im having so many hes a hand full bu i was just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think they do help you dialate. Not sure though i know theyre helping you get ready though.
    Anonymous

• no they dont help you dilate... its fake contractions they dont do anything.
    Anonymous

• Braxton Hicks do nothing to your cervix. They are simply your uterus "practicing" for the birth of your baby. Your lack of rest probably explains the frequency. Try drinking alot of water if you aren't already, that should reduce them. Other than that just try to rest when you can, which I know seems like an impossible feat with a two year old! Good luck, I hope you start feeling better!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No, they don't cause you to dilate. I recently talked to my doctor about it =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They are totally pointless...they just hurt like hell. I am 33 weeks and have been having them for about 3 weeks now.
    Anonymous