Overdue anxiety...

Repeat ? but Im desperate...

I was due on thursday and I know that it is VERY common to go past your due date but Im having alot of problems with it. I feel so anxious Ive been getting sick(literally) and all I can think about is when my baby will come. Ive tried to distract myself by cleaning, walking around stores, and cooking just about everything in the house and nothings working. My nerves are running so high that Im my hands are shaking and I cant sit still and all my doctor can say is just relax which Ive tried. Im starting to feel depressed and aggravated with myself. Its almost like Im mad at myself for my body not going into labor yet which I know is ridiculous but I cant help feeling this way. Did anyone else have this problem? What should I do to calm myself and relax? Im open to ANY suggestions.

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 5:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stay calm, easier said than done.
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• just occupy your mind i was overdue and i know it is a really crappy feeling to get all excited then youre kinda let down when the days come and go, but your babe will be here soon. try and occupy your mind and do things to keep yourself busy... :) good luck
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• (my mom had this problem. She would find something to occupy herself.) Play a board game, chat with friends. Do something crafty. Sorry if this isn't a good enough answer :)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• your not overdue until 2 weeks after your due date. Your due date is only the midpoint of when your due. ones due date is actually two weeks before the date they give you at doctor to 2 weeks after that date . So not to worry your not over due yet and your baby will be here before you know it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Aww, you aren't really over due yet! Due dates are just a guess so don't stress! Try and remember that normal pregnancies can last up to 42 weeks without an issue! :) I can imagine it's tough. If you are finding your anxiety is making yourself sick you can take Rescue Remedy, from Bach flower Remedies. It helps immediately, it's a tincture of flowers. Look at the ingredients to make sure you are not allergic!

I hope that you can find things to occupy yourself, hugs.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009