soccer mom

this is awful but is there a mom out there that makes you feel so inadequit???like everything she does is so called perfect????what do you do about these feelings of inadequicies>>>>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• ignore them, if you know that you are doing the best you can and are always there for your kids then who gives a shit about everyone else.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• There's always going to be someone that SEEMS better, but if you get into their life you'd see they have their faults and problems too. And if I meet someone who makes me feel inadequate, I look into myself about that insecurity and why I feel they are better. Sometimes (I know this is bad) but I look for ways I'm better than them! :D

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• believe in yourself. Take pride in the things you know you excel in. Don't worry about her just be the best you that you can be. Ask your kids, they will tell you that you rock!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I spread rumors that she used to be a dude. What? Hey, it's the only fun I get!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think "Fistandantalus" just made me pull a muscle laughing so hard... Y'all crack me up! I can't even answer the question now...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why'd you use the term soccer mom? I'm one and like just about everyone I meet. I would just smile, say hi and see how it goes. When my oldest first began playing organized sports I felt like you, but I didn't let it stop me. Now that I'm more familiar with the games, the moms, and how it all works it is fun. I hope no one is rude to you and that you just need a bit more of a push to say hello. If all else fails, use the "she used to be a dude line...." It is sort of like HS again, but you'll be fine.group hug

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• she used to be a dude..i like it...she certainly acts like a dude...and my daughter also plays soccer i just didnt know how to title it...and sense her team played ours today well it just came up...dude huh i will have to think about that.
    Anonymous

• Let me tell you something, no one is perfect and if they think they are then they are wrong. Don't let people like that Mom make you feel inadequate. IMO, she is not a very good person for doing this and making people feel like doo is not perfection, its ignorance.You don't need people like that in your life and I am sure that she doesn't have that many people in her life. If she does it to you, then she does it to others.take a hint, find better people, the ones that are nice, the ones that will listen and the ones that don't judge, those are the good ones and they know they aren't perfect.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Now that I've stopped laughing, I can answer... I'm with "Austinsmom35." Over time, I've learned that nothing is as it seems. It's kind of like my bathroom. You walk in, and it looks spotless! Everything is in order, and it even smells nice. But, if you open the door to the linen closet... It looks like a hurricane struck! (Hey, I can't do it ALL.) The other mom may seem perfect, but she wakes up with stinky breath like everyone else. We're all just trying to do the best we can; and I'll bet there's someone who feels the same about you as you feel about "soccer mom", but you don't know it! Hopefully, they'll tell you so you can be amazed with what you're doing (and didn't even notice.) However, the whole "used to be a dude" line could work, too. LOL!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009