Have a qustion....

Okay, I've been reading a lot on here lately and I notice that we all have strong feelings on what we think are right and wrong. I have a few questions about....dum dum dummmm POT. I've read that it is because it's illegal and okay I WILL AGREE with you on that one, but what else makes you SO angry? What OTHER founded INFORMATION do you have on why it's so wrong? I would love to have a INTELLEGENT DEBATE with mom's on here, like this site was ment for. Please no bashing, yelling, or talking down to eachother please!! We are all grown women and should be able to have a conversation/debate without being hateful. Please, everyone, post Anon so there are no 'Calling Out' other mom's and no harassing them on their page.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There's nothing wrong with it at all, other than the fact that it's illegal for completely BS reasons. How something like pot got put into the same class as things like meth and crack I'll never know. Gotta love this country, everything is bass ackwards.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 5:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• have you ever seen what it does to your brain? like pictures**
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why people think its so bad I think has to do with the stupid people who do stupid things while theyre high. I personally dont find anything wrong with it. However, I dont think it should be legalized- just another thing for government to tax.
    Anonymous

• I think it is all bs too. I personally quit doing it (because I am lazy when I get stoned and I have kids to take care of) But I know alot of people who are fine on it. The scariest thing about it is the fact that you have to break the law to get it and can run into some pretty wierd people trying to find it. But if it were legal I think there would be a lot less drama surrounding it. To say it is worse than a ciggarette or alcahol is rediculous, and if they arent going to legalize it then they need to take another look at making those illegal as well. I have a friend that lives ina state where medical marifuana is legal and he knows people that get it prescribed from anything from PMS to cronic depression. If they can find a good use for it, then why not let the government make money off of it, it might help us out of the bind we are in now financially in this country.
    Anonymous

• Lonelymom911 :
    Myth: Marijuana Kills Brain Cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Anonymous

• CONT :
    Heath, R.G., et al. “Cannabis Sativa: Effects on Brain Function and Ultrastructure in Rhesus Monkeys.” Biological Psychiatry 15 (1980): 657-690.
    Ali, S.F., et al. “Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey IV: Neurochemical Effects and Comparison to Acute and Chronic Exposure to Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in Rats.” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 40 (1991): 677-82.
    Anonymous

• Lonelymom911, could you please post up the pictures that you are talking about. It is why I asked for FOUNDED information. I am not being rude, I am very intrested in this and the information we might all be able to share with eachother!
    Anonymous

• college roommate-deformed arm. Due to her mom's potsmoking during pregnancy. All the proof I personally need.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• One of the worst drugs ever that is responsible for thousands of deaths per year is already legal: ALCOHOL. I find it hilarious that people sit back at night with a glass of wine and a sleeping pill and criticize pot smokers. They're no different at all except one is legal and the other isn't. Well I take that back, the alcohol and prescription meds are way more dangerous.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't think this was a pot smoking during pregnancy question....unless I'm mistaken.
    aurorabunny