how to remove fake nails?

went and had nails done last week, the white tip ones...they are driving m nuts, how can i take them off..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I bite mine off... I would hate to tell you do that and it hurts your nail...but it is my favorite thing to do after a week or so with the nails on..lol
    Anonymous

• they hurt like hell if you take them off yourself i'd go back to where you got them done and they will take them off for you, it costs like $5 or so
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 5:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Besides going back and getting them professionally taken off.... I was in a jam and wanted my fake nails off but didnt have any money. I cut my nails down to as short as I could get them and waited it out. They were completely off within a month or two. Its a long road, but I tried filing them, soaking them in hot water/nail polish remover.. but those dont work.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• use heavy duty nail clippers to clip em shorter and soak your finger nails in an old pot of finger nail polish and soak in it for half an hour or so at a time until they're loosened to take off yourself if you can't get to who put em on.
    Anonymous

• Make sure the nail polish remover DOES have the acetone in it. That's what makes the stuff dissolve. Or when I have my nails done I tell them to make them as short as possible. Like just above mt finger tips. If you really like the look try having them cut way back.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The easiest way to take artificial nails off is with acetone - you can find acetone at the drug store or a beauty supply store.
    Soak 10 cotton balls in the acetone. Place the acetone soaked cotton balls on each nail and wrap in aluminum foil one at a time. Find something relaxing to do for about an hour - like watching TV or a movie. After 1 hour remove the foil and the cotton ball and gently peel the softened acrylic off your nails. You might have to repeat for about 10 minutes at a time if the acrylic hasn't softened enough.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wow you girls are very sophistocated. I usually try to pry them up, from near the cuticle, with a credit card.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've ripped them off like Rainbowbrite said, but only if they were growing out and needed to be filled. If I needed to take them off shortly after getting the done, I'd soak the nail in acetone nail polish for a minute or so and it'd come right off.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 8:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Soaking in acetone should do the trick. If you can cut your nails down short, the less there is to soak off. If you try to pick off the artifical stuff, it will really weaken your own nails becuase you will takes layers off of your natural nails. Either way, your nails will be weak once the acrylic (or whatever was used) is off. So be sure to paint them with a coat or two of clear strengthening polish.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You can clip them down as much as possible and file them off or you can soak them in acetone and file the remainder off. PrttyMstng's suggestion of cotton balls and foil will work best. The best way of course is to have it done professionally but if thats not an option either one of those ways will work.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 9:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009