What is a good time to start potty training?

Meishat

Asked by Meishat at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when your child is ready, which is somewhere between 18months-2. every child is different. my daughter started showing signs at 18 months so we would put her on the potty,we didn't though so some days she would go others she wouldn't. just depends on your child.
    marinewife52704

Answer by marinewife52704 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Between 18 and 24 months is a great time, in my opinion.

http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/potty_trained_under_two/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I started potty training my son at 18 months and it was just more work because he didn't want to be potty trained at the time. I bought a bunch of pull-ups and everything and every time that he showed a sign of him needing to go to the bathroom I would rush him to the toilet. I did this for months! When he was two and a couple months he just started going by himself one day so I took away all of the diapers and that worked. The first week was a bit hard but after that he was potty-trained :)

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 8:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with DeTora Family. My daughter trained at 19 months. At 22 months, we're thrilled and she loves being a big girl!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009