SINCE I GAVE BIRTH TO MY TWIN BOYS MY HAIR KEPT FALLING HOW DO I STOP IT?

I HAVE A GREAT HAIR BUT AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY TWIN BOYS I START LOSING IT LIKE CRAZY GOT HAIR EVERY WHERE IN THE HOUSE HOW DO I STOP IT FROM FALLING?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It should stop on it's own eventually. This happens to a lot of moms after giving birth. I didn't think mine would ever stop coming out. I even had some big bald spots near my temples. My daughter was about 6 months old when it stopped. It took forever to grow back in tho.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah I think you have to wait it out. I never heard of a way to make it stop. Everywhere I went people would say they were finding my hair everywhere for the following few weeks. It fell out like crazy. I don't know when it stopped happening but I would say around 6 months as well. My daughter is now 10 months and last week, there were short little hairs sticking up in the front of my hair. I had no idea why and it looks awful - I mentioned it to someone and she asked if I lost a lot of hair after having the baby and that it's probably growing back .
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Its perfectly normal. The normal person loses about 100 hairs a day on average. While you are pregnant, your body holds on to that hair that you normally would lose, so thats why a lot of pregnant ladies feel that their hair is thicker. Once your body starts getting back to normal after having the baby (around 2-3months or so), it starts shedding again, but this time its not just shedding the normal, but also the extra that it held on to. I dont think theres anything to help this, but i figured i'd let you know what happens and that its perfectly normal. =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Might need to improve your diet, maybe add some supplements. message me if you want more info
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 7:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would say 6 months also. But if your children are older than that, I would call your dr and have your thyroid checked. A lot of women have thyroid issues after giving birth & one of the signs is hair loss.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009