what do i do about the man in my life ?

The man I'm with is the love of my life and we've not been together for along time but after almost a year with him it seems to be going nowhere . What sould I do ?

lilmisslonely

Asked by lilmisslonely at 6:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Take a step back and re-evaluate the relationship. Communication is key, so why dont you ask him where he thinks it is going. If after some serious thought you dont think he is the One, consider your other options.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• mee too ...one year... and down the drain... or hold on....im just depressed cause of everything lately.. we need a prayer...
    Anonymous

• Where do you want it to go? Ask him where he sees things in his life five years from now. Listen carefully and see if he mentions you or a family, etc in this timeline.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• What do mean by "going nowhere"? Your definitions of 'going somewhere' may be different. What is you want that is lacking?

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 6:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• After being with someone for a while, you start to get used to them already and things tend to get somewhat boring so then it seems to be going nowhere. Try doing new activities together or bring new ideas to the bedroom. Never forget why you fell for him in the first place. Show appreciation for each other by doing simple gestures such as making him his favorite dinner.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If he's the love of your life, then you should have the same, or similar, goals. If by not going anywhere you mean that his goals and yours aren't the same, then perhaps he isn't what you dreamed of. If he is the man of your dreams, the love of your life, then you should be able to discuss your goals and desires and his, then you should decide if you will be content with whatever the two of you decide or if you'll have to part and keep looking.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It sounds like you are ready to take it to the next level. All relationships need to continue to evolve with time or else they will stagnate. As another said, communication is key. Time to find out where he sees the two of you in the future.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Dont fall for it to fast even if you think he's number one. Believe me I thought I was happy with the man I loved when I was 17 til 21. I was with him for 5 1/2 years before I said I do. That I do turned into a different marriage and he filed for divorce after I had a miscarriage.. So take it easy and let your heart do the talking but think before you do.
    Bu2erfly

Answer by Bu2erfly at 1:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009