How can I help my daughter in feeding her the right foods?

Her Dr. said to take her off of baby foods all together. But was told to try baby foods in grade 3 from Gerber. She is only 9 months and I need to wea her off of formula bottle.

Bu2erfly

Asked by Bu2erfly at 6:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start giving her diced up pieces of what you're eating on her own plate. Make sure she gets a balanced diet, just as you should have, but in smaller portions.

You can switch her to a sippy cup from the bottle, but she should still have formula until she's eating a balanced diet of food at the LEAST...until then, she needs the balanced nutrition of the formula.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• She doesn't HAVE to be off baby foods right now, but it is a good idea to start giving her some table foods. Try gerber stage 3, like your doctor said, and watch how she is chewing. Gerber puffs are also a good healthy snack food that helps babies to chew.
    As for the formula. Babies should be on formula until they are a year old. However you should try to get them onto a sippy cup.
    http://www.nubysippycup.com/Best_Sippy_Cups.php
    here is a link for nuby sippy cups. They have a softer top that helps babies switch from a bottle to a sippy. They also can come in three stages. I loved them. PM me if you have any questions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009