How do you coral and organize toys ?

I have a boy with balls and mini cars and legos grr
I want to make it manageable for him lol

CSRodriguez

Asked by CSRodriguez at 6:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Bin organizers are great. (Bins sit at a angle on shelves). They can see what goes where when cleaning up and where everything is.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Something similar to this:

http://www.target.com/Bin-Storage-Unit-Wood-Grain/dp/B001CYAA08/sr=1-2/qid=1238283928/ref=sr_1_2/175-9393649-2792860?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Astorage%20unit&page=1
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have a storage system that I think you can get from Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983460 It is oak colored and goes with our furniture which I like. They buckets are small enough to store crayons and markers and there are others large enough for puzzles, coloring books etc. The bins are fabric and I store them flat instead of on an angle. If they rip you can get plastic colored bins at Target that fit perfect. For larger toys the cubicles storage system from Target is great. I alternate between the fabric storage bins and open shelves. I have considered a lined wicker hamper for the larger items as a lot of their toys are in our great room.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My daughter has 6 tubs with lids. Different sizes are different prices. Write the name of the toys in side and tape a picture from a toy magazine or whatever on the front if your kiddo cant read yet. My kiddo is only alllowed out one tub at a time. She has to clean up before getting another out.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• bins
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We use toters with lids. Each type of toy has its own toter or container depending on the size needed. (smaller or fewer parts, smaller container) and are stored under the bed. If they take out the Transformer Toter, they are not allowed to take out another until the first is put away. Usually it helps keep their room clean or at least more organized. We also have a set of drawers we use, like one drawer is only for cars and such, another is electronic toys, etc...
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009