• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone used domperidone to build milk supply? I've tried fennugreek, pumping&beer with liitle result.

I've tried fennugreek, pumping&beer with liitle result. Any other thoughts for building milk supply?

raquel48

Asked by raquel48 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried reglan, and had all sorts of side effects. twitching, hot flashes, dizziness and drowsiness. and it really didnt help that much. I dont know the difference between the two but reglan was made to fight acid reflux type stuff.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• only thing that truly works is to drink tons more water and uptake caleries with a healthy wellbalanced diet. I just read a study that said nthing works if your body isnt cooperating..and the side effects as PP said can be icky. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sometimes there isn't anything you can do. It may be a gland issue. Ask your doctor about it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• ive never used domperidone...but I am having supply issues also. I think sometimes there isn't anything you can do....Ive heard people take Reglan and have horrible side effects and as soon as they stopped it they dried up completely. Have you tried eating oatmeal every day? that also helped me. good luck:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm wondering if you are eating and drinking enough, also nursing enough. Until supply is established, you should nurse every hour and a half to two hours (or pump) and eat three to five hundred calories above your maintenance goal. You also need at least twelve cups of liquid.

This has helped most of the people in my group. I'm like a cow.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I haven't actually taken it, but i'm considering it since i've had a supply drop since going back to work. From what I understand many women have great results with it. Reglan is different than Domperidone. It crosses the blood-brain barrier which makes for those icky side effects the other mommies have mentioned. Domperidone does not, which makes it a better option. If you have exhausted all other options for increasing milk supply, try it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have read drinking 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning... I know, sounds weird, but I am drinking 1 cup, plus taking my pre natal vit's (completia by Nature's Way) and it's helping me.
    lilypadpr

Answer by lilypadpr at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009