TMI... help me

Ive got a hemroid, I think im gonna die!!! It hurts so bad, I only poop every other day. It bleeds, and I almost pass out everytime. Im still BF my daughter so surgery is out and the creams or gels dont work. What do I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• drink lots of water, eat foods with fiber, drink warm prune juice. apple juice is good too. you need to have a BM once or twice a day. Don't get constipated, as this always make the problem worse. If things are not aggravated there, usually the swelling subsides. i use tucks or cleanse with witch hazel.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Hmm..I'd go to the doc and see if there is something he can give you that's safe for breastfeeding. I had a small one after my daughter was born, but Tucks pads were enough for me. Also, if you are constipated, try eating more fiber, I don't know if you can take a stool softener while BF.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Maybe talk to the Dr and see about a stool softener to at least make it so it wont bust open every time you go and get some healing time in. Maybe he can even prescribe an anitobiotic cream that can help numb the area so you arent hurting so bad.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Try sitting on a pillow on a chair to ease that or to more lay down on your top butt than sit. My husband's were cllipped easy. Ask about that. kitchen corn starch as a powder is a good skin softener to ease the area too. Feel better somehow mommy!!
    Anonymous

• I've had them something fierce for over 3 years now. I bleed EVERY TIME I poop. I know I should do something about it, but I keep waiting until I get pregnant again and someone is down there looking around already. lol
    Anonymous

• Did you just have the baby recently? Take a stool softener (not laxitive) and see if it will heal up. I had a pretty bad one right after my son but it went down quite a bit after a few weeks.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009