is it wrong to "table" a fight to have a good weekend?

So and I have been having alot of problems and started talking last nite and I had to stop as I was getting too upset(7 1/2 months preg) so we decided to continue it another day. We have been being very good to each other, even tho things are still up in the air and I wondered what others thoughts were on this. Is it wrong to table something for the sake of keeping the peace for a few days?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 6:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it could help but it usually depends on the couple. Sometimes to stop can cause more of a problem because people marinate in the thoughts of what to say next, how to win the argument and how to build up there side. Sometimes it can give you a chance to calm down and maybe see the other persons side. But the main thing is that alot of times the problem is still there until you comfront it and fix it.
    Anonymous

• No, I think that if you able to have a good couple days, there is nothing wrong with putting the discussion on pause. As long as niether of you is festering over it, you will probably be able to have a more constructive conversation when you do get back to it. Also, just make sure you do go back to it, if you both agree it was a mountain out of mole hill and doesn't need further discussion fine,  just be careful you're not putting anything important on the back burner and leaving it there, because then someone will end up resentful that it wasn't ever dealt with. If it works for you, go for it!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 6:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with 1st post. I am guilty of it too, and sometimes it helps to have some time to think about it a little and have a discussion rather than an argument.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• LOL, I think it's BRILLIANT! I like the idea. Perhaps after a few days you''ll even decide that it's not worth fighting over. My x and I called a truce during our dd's wedding weekend. It was great. We got along fine then after the weekend we went back to fighting like an old married couple! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No, it's not. Sometimes walking away or stopping is the best thing, It allows you to think and decide if the fight is worth it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think that is a great idea hun! We do that all the time. We try to talk it out without yelling. It works better for us that way. Communication has always been the key to our relationship.
    sunshine31

Answer by sunshine31 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's a great idea. Just come back and discuss things when you and him aren't hot under the collar. You guys will probably have a good relationship.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009