Have you ever changed your baby's name at the last minute?

Have you ever picked out a name for your baby, and liked it and referred to him/her by the name, but then changed it right before, or right after the birth?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I changed my sons name about 2 days before he was born. To something I had bever even considered before. But it fit him better when he was born too. Go with your gut.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes! We were all set on the name Nicole when I went in to "false" labor. During my hospital stay three other Nicoles were born while I was being monitored. Our daughter is now named, Natasha!

Also, our second was suppose to be a girl- Stephanie Michelle. HIS name is Seth!
    :-)
    Signingfamilies

Answer by Signingfamilies at 8:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Well mine was a few months before she was born. I use to always love the name Arianna Theresa-Marie. But when I found out I was going to have a girl, we discussed names. SO didn't like Arianna and wanted to make Hayle her name. In the end we ended up naming her Theresa Hayle-Marie.
    (Theresa and Hayle are family members that we cared for a lot, and really wanted to name our daughter after, and Marie is a family middle name on my side.... so that ended up being her name, and I wouldn't change if for the world)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yup mine was aydan thomas most of my pregnancy, then i got hormonal lol, he was born with no name, now he is nathanael isaac
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I referred to my 2nd son as "Devin" before he was born. About a month before he was born, I decided to name him Austin instead. The funny thing about it is, my older son who was 3 at the time, was confused when I brought his brother home. I said "This is your little brother Austin." And he said "Austin? What happened to Devin?"
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009