always repeats her self

my 3 year old dd always repeats herself and it gets very annoying is that normal? and say we plan to go to the mall every 10 seconds she always ask are we going to the mall she wont stop asking till we get there does anybodys kids do this or is it just mine ??? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's normal and it's a stage that she's going through. I'm right there with you and my son will be 5 this month.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son just turned 3, he does that sometimes. When he's repeated something for the 20th time, we play the game, lets see who can be quiet the longest. He's very competative and loves winning games. : )

LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 8:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i feel your pain
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my boyfried's almost 6 year old does this, is that normal?????
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yes...my son is almost 3 and he does that with everything!!! it gets annoying..but, I think they like hearing themselves talk. cause they can finally put sentences together now.
    alc03

Answer by alc03 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• OMG and it is going to get worse...lol atleast til she is 5 yrs. old.

I have learned to not tell my kids where we are going for that very reason I just keep it to myself and when we go where ever we go they get so surprised and happy. GL
    You might want to start doing this believe me it helps big time.
    But all kids are this way it is normal :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• "are we there yet Papa Smurf?"
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think this is normal, my DD is the same age and does it also.
    Anonymous

• The repeating of things by itself is normal as this is the developmental stage when kids will do this, however if there is another concern like. Does she actually understand what she is repeating I will check into echolalia and talk with the pediatrician about it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009